Download an attorney-drafted independent contractor and work for hire agreement today. Protect your business against potential IRS fines and disputes with your contractors.
Our documents are attorney-drafted for compliance with employment and tax laws.
> Immediate download
> Attorney drafted
> Instructions from attorney
> Reviewed by CPA for IRS compliance
> One-time fee
> Free download again at any time.
Protection Already Done for You by Licensed Attorneys
Our independent contractor agreement was drafted by a licensed attorney and reviewed by a CPA for IRS compliance.
If you live California, Click Here.
Have questions? Call us at 1-800-524-7116 between 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM CST (Monday – Saturday) or email us here.
There is no substitute for an attorney-drafted agreement when your company is working with independent contractors.
An independent contractor agreement (sometimes called a work for hire agreement) is used when you want to hire a company or individual from outside your own company to perform work or services for you.
Providers who are frequently hired as independent contractors include:
- Marketing firms
- Real estate agents
- Financial planners and CPAs
- Health care professionals
- And many others
Using independent contractors can be of great benefit to your company and can save money. However, they must be classified correctly.
The IRS has specific guidelines on how to classify independent contractors. If your company does not classify them properly, you could suffer significant tax penalties. A wrong classification may cause additional problems for your company pension plans and employee benefits.
Without a professional independent contractor agreement and work-for-hire agreement, you may open your company up to IRS and state tax liabilities that you had not planned on.
Furthermore, you want to make sure you are protecting all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property arising from the work performed under the agreement.
Our attorney-drafted independent contractor agreement covers:
- Duties of the independent contractor
- Details compensation and payment
- Includes a provision not to disclose information about your business
- Clarifies that the contractor will be responsible for their own taxes
- Confirms that the contractor possesses the skill to complete the work properly
- Makes clear that contractor will be responsible for their own expenses
- Includes a provision regarding nonsolicitation of client’s customers
- Assigns products or inventions created by contractor
- Sets forth a deadline for the contractor to complete the work
- Includes a confidentiality provision
- Sets forth the contractor’s warranties
- Information and instructions from our attorney
- Information and instructions from the IRS
Employment and tax laws are always changing; do not rely on an outdated independent contractor agreement. We have one of the finest agreements in the country with excellent information and instructions from our attorney.
How To Order
You can buy the independent contractor agreement for immediate download. Before you do, you may want to consider our complete business protection document package. Click Here for details.
Call in credit card orders toll-free at: 1-800-524-7116 (9AM – 7PM CST M-F). Fast and easy checkout. Technical support is available 7 days a week.